Steam Summer Sale: Game Recommendations

Saturday, July 01, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-

Ben Neale

Only a bit over a week left 'til the end of Steam summer sale, so I thought I'd whip up a blog post talking about some game recommendations because why not, right? I think a disclaimer is needed though, I ain't no gamer. I consider myself kind of like a casual.. uh.. player? But I do have a knack for finding [and completely obsessing over (so much for casual lol)] games with good art, pretty awesome plot, and cool freaking characters.

Hyper Light Drifter

     I have been utterly obsessing over this game for about a week now. I've honestly been waiting for the Steam sale just to buy this game (thank u KickThePJ for introducing me to this game), and I don't regret a single cent. The mechanics of the game feels a lot like you're playing a Zelda game (which is honestly such a win for me).

     And can we talk about how freaking breathtaking the art of this game is? The beautiful, beautiful pixelated style has me shookt and absolutely smitten. The soundtrack is a whole other story, it is one of the best videogame scores my ears have ever had the pleasure of hearing.

     The best part? It's 50% off on Steam until July 5th! That's around $5 or $6 (315 in php!). Do yourself a favor and immerse yourself into the wonderful world of Hyper Light Drifter.

Don't Starve

     I've had this game for quite a while now and if you're into the survival/crafting type of games (that you could potentially play for pretty much forever), you're going to love this game. It's 75% off on Steam (roughly 2 dollars, I think? It's only 105 pesos!). It's a Tm Burton-esque world which only means one thing: freaking neat art.

     I'd say the game without any add-ons is already pretty decent, but if you have a few bucks to spare, you should throw in Shipwrecked or Reign of the Giants.

Life is Strange

     The game I feel like everybody already knows but still includes it in their game recs because it's that good. Life is Strange is an episodic decision based game, and the entire season (5 episodes) is 75% off on Steam - which leaves it priced at around $4-$5 and around 200+ in peso. I feel like I don't even have to speak much of this game because anybody can google this game and just be bombarded by good reviews and amazing in-game snaps of the beautiful graphics.

Lasly, but definitely not the least, the game Tumblr (and about everybody else) seems to love so much..

Undertale

     This game, much like HLD pays homage to 8-bit and 16-bit game and also plays around with puzzles and exploration like Zelda (can you tell how much I love Zelda?) plus it's also a decision based game. As far as I know, you can go about taking this game in 3 different routes, which all lead to different endings. I'm sold.

    Okay, so Undertale isn't really on sale right now.. but it's only around $6 (roughly 300+ in peso), and I just couldn't write a game recs post and not include this game.

Anyway, so that's pretty much it. Now that I think about it, this isn't a very good list since most of the games in here are pretty popular. I'd love to create a list with Indie games in the future though! I'll like the Steam store pages of these games down below for those who are interested in trying them out.

Andrea

Links!

A Veterinarian in the making. She loves dogs, turtles, pastries, books, and videogames.

May the comments be ever in my favor (or not)