Simple Things Appreciation Post

Thursday, May 29, 2014 5 Comments A+ a-

Due to recent tragic events, I've decided to write a simple and quite shallow blog post about the nice things in life we often forget about when problems weigh us down (okay maybe it isn't as shallow now that I think about it).

Here's a photo I found (credits to the original owner) about the nice things in life. I 100% agree with all of it.



CHOCOLATE
This is undoubtedly one of the best inventions ever. Chocolate can make even your saddest days brighten up. It's also quite a good habit to always ALWAYS note: When you're sad, it's probably the Dementors, so the obvious solution to your sadness? Yepp, chocolate. Unless you're lactose intolerant, in that case, please ignore this.

GOOD HAIR DAYS
You know that feeling when you get up in the morning and your hair is just tame and unusually fluffy and shiny and you don't even need to brush it? Puts you in the happiest of moods, I tell ya.

VIDEO GAMES
I'm into more on farming/simulation kinds of games like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing (found myself playing these games 'til midnight! Look at how adorable these characters are! :D)


CRUNCHY LEAVES
When you see a crunchy leaf on the ground, there's this invisible force that makes you wanna stomp on it for no other reason than to hear one of the most amazing sounds on this planet; crunching leaves.

FRIENDS
Oh come on, I bet my bananas everyone reading this right now has friends who can always, always turn that frown upside down.

CAKE
Who doesn't love cake?

DOGS
I absolutely LOVE dogs! My gramps owns four at the moment; an Azkal named 'Blacky', a Rottweiler-Labrador named 'Scotty', a German Shepherd named 'Patchi', and my favorite dog on the planet, another Rottweiler-Lab named 'Yogi' (the reason behind the name? He looks a LOT like Yogi the bear). My gramps loves big dogs, thus the breeds. He lives in a farm with my grandma, so it's pretty appropriate.


POTATOES
My favorite vegetable! Hey did you notice that in the photo, the maker misspelled vegetable? It says 'the versatile vegatable'. :)

CATS
I'm more of a dog person, but cat GIFs on Tumblr are adorable! Here's one:


INANIMATE OBJECTS WITH FACES
Who finds these things nice? Everyone? Good.

BOOKS
I was going to type a three page long essay about how I feel about books and the magic they bring, but I'll spare you that and instead here's an accurate photo:


INTERNET
I'm pretty sure we don't have to discuss this.

TV MARATHONS
There are those days where I just find myself in the comfiest spot on the sofa, food in one hand, the remote on the other, and my eyes glued to the television screen, now THAT is one of the nicest things in life, people.

PIZZA
Out of all the food in the world, Pizza is probably the best. I like any kind of pizza, but my absolute fave is pepperoni. The thing about pizza is that it's delicious hot AND cold.

ART
I ain't an artist and that's quite obvious, but I do love looking at art! Check this out, it's a drawing made by one of my schoolmates. I don't suppose you still need me to tell you who the guy she drew is?

A SNAKE WEARING A TINY HAT
'nuff said.

There are a LOT more nice things in life that I could name, but I'm afraid I'm a lazy person and you're probably tired of me already, so this marks the end of this blog post! See ya! :)

All photos are not mine, so credits to the rightful awesome owners. :D I was too lazy to look for a photo for all the categories, so yeah. Forgive me. :))

P.S.
Wanna know more about Blacky, Scotty, Patchi, and Yogi? I'm writing a bit of a story about them soon and I'd love to put it up here. :)

A Veterinarian in the making. She loves dogs, turtles, pastries, books, and videogames.

5 comments

Write comments
Azia Anderson
AUTHOR
31 May 2014 at 05:32 delete

could you add my button to your sidebar?
http://thishipsterwrites.blogspot.com/p/button-swap.html

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
5 June 2014 at 03:07 delete

Definitely agree with the picture! I'm gonna have to steal it as a lock pic for my phone. The only thing I'd add to the list is music. :)
:O You're into Harvest Moon?!?!? I love(d) that game! Which one do you play? I have the Island of Happiness. I remember I used to have the biggest crush on Vaughan. :*)

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
7 June 2014 at 06:52 delete

I've nominated you for the Liebster award. :) All of the details are on my blog. :)

Reply
avatar
Andrea
AUTHOR
12 June 2014 at 17:39 delete

No matter how late this might be, thank you so much for nominating me! :D Also, I have Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands and DS Cute. and yepp, I also fell for Vaughn! He looks soooo adorable! :") I also had this happy crush on Grey from Mineral Town. :D hahaha

Reply
avatar
Andrea
AUTHOR
12 June 2014 at 17:40 delete

Sure, I'll add it to the sidebar as soon as I get proper internet connection as I don't have one at the moment. But, I'll let you know as soon as I do. :D

Reply
avatar

May the comments be ever in my favor (or not)